Mazda Miata MX5 is the spiritual successor to 1950 and ‘60s Italian. And it also has an image of British sports cars. Its small, modern technology and minimal complex design are the reason for its fame. The word ‘Miata’ came from Old High German. That is the meaning of ‘Reward’. Moreover, after the huge production exceeding one million in early 2016. MX5 the combination of the words was derived into 5 special core design requirements;
- As light as possible, it meets global safety requirements.
- It would easily accommodate 2 passengers space.
- The basic layout would continue with the original’s front-midship for 50:50 weight distributions. The engine positioned ahead of the driver for Rear-drive configuration. But behind the front axle.
- For the excellent road grip, dynamic stability and to maximize the tire performance. All four wheels would be attached by wishbone or multi-link suspension system.
- Rear-mounted differential to sharpen throttle response.
Things to Know:
|2,337 to |
|Engine||2.0 L |
|MPG||Up to 26 |
city / 35 highway
The Mazda Miata MX5 is one of the best-selling sports and drifting cars in history. It is widely known as the Miata. And also as Eunos Roadster or Mazda Roadster in Japan. It was manufactured at Mazda’s Hiroshima plant. Moreover, it was launched in 1989 at the Chicago Auto Show. And it was enacted under a tightly focused design credo known as ‘Jinba Ittai’. That means oneness of horse and rider across the four generations.
Generations were designated with two-letter code;
The 1st generation of Mazda Miata MX5 was revealed from 1989 to 1997. Moreover, it sold over 400,000 units. And it’s pop up lights are the reason for fame and won numerous awards.
Second Generation (NB):
The second generation MX-5 was presented in 1997 was put on sale
in 1998. It came in a notice for the deletion of the retraceable headlamps.
That did not pass the pedestrian safety tests and were replaced by the fixed
Third Generation NC):
In 2005, Third generation MX-5 was introduced and was in production till 2015. Its design was inspired from Mazda Ibuki 2003. Moreover, this generation presented a Power Retractable Hard Top. A folding mechanism that does not interfere with trunk space. And this car also won Car of the Year Japan Award 2005-2006. And also Car and Driver’s 10Bests list from 2006 to 2013.
Fourth Generation (ND):
The fourth generation Mazda MX-5 was marketed in 2014. Moreover, its production started in 2015 till 2018. This generation also introduced a Retraceable Fastback (RF). And that features a rigid roof and giving it more coupé-like appearance buttresses. This car is inspiration from the Fiat 124 Spider and Abarth 124 Spider. However, the 4th generation has received many awards:
- Car of the Year Japan Awards (2015-2016)
- World Car of the Year Award (2016)
- Car and Driver’s 10Best list (2016-2019)
- Red Dot Best of the Best Award in Product Design (2017)
MAZDA MIATA MX5 (ND2):
The Mazda MX-5 Miata RF is born from the desire of the adrenaline rush. A sophisticated design, not just the convertible. But an innovative fastback. In about 13 seconds, The retractable roof slips away. And it is also a dream sports car with polished, charismatic, powerful. No wonder known as horsepower around the globe costing $32,900.
An engine of MX5:
The 2019 Miata has a 2.0-liter powerplant. That delivers up to 181 horsepower. And 151-pound-feet of torque across all trim levels including sports. This engine can also be linked with both manual and automatic transmission. And Both get 26-city mpg with the former getting 35-highway mpg and latter getting 34-highway mpg.
Exterior Features and Design:
- The new
Mazda MX-5 Miata is stylish on the exterior with :
daytime running lights
- High Beam
heated power side mirrors
dimming side mirror
In addition to these, the retractable hardtop version will also now be able with a soft new option. Moreover, the brown color is also optional only on Grand Touring with a premium of $200. And where Black will be the standard color.
This car offers bests at its interior at the sports trim level. Moreover, It also has the tilt and telescoping steering column now. That is made out of the aluminum to save on the weight. Moreover, this car has the best audio and infotainment with an excellent display
- 2 USB inputs
- Bluetooth handsfree phone and audio streaming capability
- Bose 9- speaker audio system with Audio Pilot
- Driver and passenger headrest speakers and subwoofer
- Speed-sensing automatic volume control
- MAZDA CONNECT Infotainment System
- Multifunction Commander Control
- Infotainment system voice control
- HD Radio
- Radio Broadcast Data System program information
- Pandora, Stitcher internet radio integration
- 7″full-color touch screen
- Text Messaging support with audio delivery and reply
- E911 automatic emergency notification.
- Mesh aero board wind blocker
- Home Link
- Push button ignition
- Driver and passenger vanity mirrors with courtesy overhead light with dimming 12-volt power outlet
Wheels and Tyres:
Wheel size 17×7 aluminum alloy wheels in Dark silver finish. Tire size and type P205/45 R17 high-performance tires.
MX5: Safety Features
This car ( Mazda Miata MX5 ) launched in the market with the Smart City Brake Support System. Therefore, it has power door locks with speed sensors. These are available on every trim but base Sport. However, you can get it through the ACTIVESENSE package. In addition to this, it has now rear-view camera system too. For the first time, this package also adds traffic sign recognition. Dead point monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, and a lane departure warning system.
Other than the horsepower boost the manual transmission models of the Grand Touring trim will also now be available in Mazda Miata MX5 with GT-S performance. It helps in adding a front shock tower brace and a limited slip rear difference.