Basically, Muscle Cars refer to high-performance automobiles. These cars are best for high-speed racing as powered by a large V8 or V6 engines. Muscle cars give the ultimate driving experience while on the run. Moreover, they are purely state of the art Manufactured and delivered outrageous performance and speed. Once you have it, it brings life into you to taste the thrilling adventures of life. Maybe costs a little more but gives you the fastest performing equipment installed in it.
List of Top Muscle Cars:
2010 Dodge Charger
The 2010 Dodge Charger is a bold looking, comfortable and practical family sedan and one of the muscle cars. New Charger will probably run with 8-speed automatic transmission, although the current five-speed is also available. Next generation interior with new comfort features like an entertainment system and better driver amenities. 2010 Charger helps to reduce road noise and improve gas mileage, more horsepower expected from the revised V6 and Hemi engines. The charger comes in four trim levels are rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive is available on the SXT and R/T. SE
- 2.7L V6, 24 valves, 178 hp @ 5500 rpm
- speed automatic transmission
- 18 mpg city / 26 mpg highway
The base model is powerful and can easily beat the higher models because of its sophisticated or aggressive looking. Moreover, the standard sound system is powerful and clear and overall performance is fine.
- 3.5L V6, 24 valves, 250 hp @ 6400 rpm
- speed automatic transmission
- 17 mpg city / 25 mpg highway
- rear-wheel drive while AWD versions
- 5.7L V8, 16 valves, 368 hp @ 5200 rpm
- 5-speed automatic transmission
- 16 mpg city / 25 mpg highway
The R/T is the Road/Track Performance Package, which includes 20-inch wheels, performance suspension and brakes, specific exhaust tuning, and a different engine program that increases horsepower to 372.
- 6.1L V8, 16 valves, 425 hp @ 6200 rpm
- 5-speed automatic transmission
- 13 mpg city / 19 mpg hwy
SRT8 has unique suspension tuning, as well as specific interior and exterior trim. Available safety features include ABS, traction control, antiskid system, and curtain side airbags.
2010 Dodge Challenger
The 2010 Dodge Challenger is available as a new, limited edition “Plum Crazy” model with comfortable, stylish and impressively capable in terms of performance. Therefore, the rest of this retro-styled sporty car lineup sees no major changes otherwise. Challenger is rear-wheel drive and seats five. The 2010 Dodge Challenger is an aggressive retro-styled street machine that, in its R/T trim, lives up to its muscle-cars heritage.
2010 Challenger is a 2-door, 5-passenger sports coupe, available in 3 trims, ranging from the SE, R, and SRT8.
• The SE is equipped with a standard 3.5-liter, V6, 250-horsepower engine that achieves 17-mpg in the city and 25-mpg on the highway. 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard.
• R/T adds fog lamps, 372-horsepower, 18-inch aluminum wheels, and a body-color rear spoiler
• The SRT8 is equipped with a standard 6.1-liter, V8, 425-horsepower engine. 5-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is standard, and a 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is optional.
SE is closest to the 1970 model that was the inspiration for this new generation of Dodge Challengers and the SRT8 is distinguished by faux-carbon-fiber hood strips, xenon lights, a matte black deck spoiler, and a deeper front air dam with functional brake ducts.
2009 Chevrolet Corvette
Chevrolet officially announced the American supercar 2009 Corvette ZR1. It also varies from other Corvettes due to its unique suspension tuning and use of lightweight carbon fiber, roof panel, roof bow, front fascia splitter, ceramics, and rocker moldings.
Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager said, “Chevrolet’s goal with the new ZR1 is to show what an American supercar can deliver, at a price that trumps exotics that cost two, three or four times as much – and does so with exceptional drive ability,”
“Preliminary testing shows the ZR1 builds on the highly respected Corvette in every performance category, from acceleration and braking to cornering grip and top speed,” said Peper. “It all boils down to the power-to-weight ratio and the ZR1’s is exceptional. It is better than the Porsche 911 GT2, the Ferrari 599 and even the Lamborghini LP640. In fact, the ZR1 is expected to be the first production Corvette to achieve a top speed of at least 200 mph.”
The new ZR1 is truly a daily driver supercar. Even with proper snow tires, it would be extremely unwise to attempt driving a ZR1 in the winter. Base models are available with GM’s Magnetic Selective Ride Control that automatically adjusts suspension firmness within two driver-selectable modes.
The 2009 Corvette is a 2-door, 2-passenger sports car, or convertible sports car, available in 13 trims, ranging from the Coupe LT1 to the ZR1. Upon introduction, the Coupe LT1 is equipped with:
• a standard 6.2-liter,
• V8, 430-horsepower engine that achieves 16-mpg in the city and 26-mpg on the highway.
• A 6-speed manual transmission with overdrive is standard
• 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive is optional.
• Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
• Tires F-R: 285/30 ZR19 – 335/25 ZR20
• Rear Wheel Drive
• Displacement cu in (cc): 376 (6162)
• Peak Torque is 595 lb-ft
• 3350lb (1519kg) in weight
2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Chevy’s new Camaro very well define an example of muscle cars with extraordinary acceleration with an engine, capable handling, excellent value, head-turning looks, unique interior design and good fuel economy.
The 2010 Chevrolet Camaro performance is available in five trim levels:
• Base LS, support V6 with 18-inch black “Heritage” steel wheels, keyless entry, cloth upholstery, front bucket seats with power-reclining seatbacks, a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, air-conditioning, cruise control and a CD/MP3 audio system with satellite radio and an auxiliary audio jack.
• 1LT with V6 included fog lamps, 18-inch alloy wheels and a six-way power driver seat.
• 2LT also having V6 with 19-inch alloy wheels, heated side mirrors, auto-dimming functionality for the driver-side and interior mirrors, additional auxiliary gauges, remote engine start, leather upholstery, heated power front seats and a Boston Acoustics sound system with steering-wheel-mounted controls, a USB audio interface and Bluetooth.
• 1SS having the power of the 6.2-liter V8. SS-specific exterior and interior styling cues, 20-inch aluminum wheels and Brembo brakes.
• The 2SS, V8 combines the 1SS’s style and performance hardware with the 2LT’s full list of standard equipment.
There are two optional packages.
The Convenience and Connectivity package for ILT adds:
• steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
• a USB port
• a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
• a cargo net and remote start
RS package excluding LS adds:
• xenon headlights
• 20-inch aluminum wheels and a spoiler among other exterior enhancements.
• Other options, depending on trim level, include special exterior graphics and a sunroof
For all its performance capabilities, the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro still manages to be quite civil around town and on the highway in terms of both ride quality and wind/road noise.
2011 Ford Mustang V6
2011 Ford Mustang V6 is one of the best muscle cars with its elegant interior and one of a classic car. A cold air induction system and dual exhaust are blessed for free-breathing style with a 7,000 rpm redline and quick response to throttle inputs. The Mustang will tackle hilly terrain using acceleration, pedal position, vehicle speed, and brake status to automatically determine the correct gear ratio. It will support lower emissions, with better control of NOx and HC throughout the range of engine operating speeds, reducing atmospheric pollution. Aerodynamic improvements such as a new front fascia, tire spats on the rear wheels, modified underbody shields, a taller air dam and an added rear decklid seal Two camshafts per cylinder bank as one is used to open the intake valves and other for exhaust the valves. Integrated blind-spot mirrors in the side-view mirror housings will be included as standard equipment. Ford has added additional lightweight soundproofing measures to help filter unpleasant, high-frequency noises inside the cabin.
The new 2011 Ford Mustang is special as it has;
• 3.7L V6 engine that uses Ford’s Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT
• Peak torque of 280 lb-ft.
• Standard 2.73 rear axle
• 19/30 mpg (city/highway) with a 6-speed automatic and 18/29 with a 6-speed manual.
• The new Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) system which eliminates the drag of an engine-operated hydraulic power steering pump
• Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (TI-VCT) use to adjust oil pressure, improve acceleration over non-VCT equipped engines, provides better fuel economy with an optimized cold-start operation and conventional engines
“This overlap control via Ti-VCT helps us eliminate compromises in the induction and exhaust systems,” said Jim Mazuchowski, Ford manager of V-6 powertrain operations. “Drivers are going to notice improved low-speed torque and increased fuel economy and peak horsepower. Plus, there are benefits they won’t notice, too, such as reduced emissions overall, especially at part-throttle.”
Mustang V6 Performance Package
Ford will offer customers of purchasing a high-performance package for their V6 Mustangs. The package, which will become available in August of 2010, includes the following:
• A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
• Firmer Mustang GT suspension
• 19-inch wheels
• Summer performance tires for improved grip
• A strut tower brace for increased chassis rigidity
• Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving