The Cheerleading Movies focuses on the sport of cheerleading and are mostly began as exploitation films in the 1970s. The genre largely died out during the 80s and 90s until it saw a resurgence in the year 2000 with the film “Bring it On.” Cheerleading movies have since become popular because people like to see a behind-the-scenes look into the subculture of cheerleaders. Surprisingly, cheerleading movies always have something interesting for everyone!
So are you looking for the best cheerleading movies? Feel free as we’ve got you covered! This article aims to serve a complete catalogue of the top 10 cheerleading movies, so just enjoy.
Best Cheerleading Movies List
1. Bring it on
Bring It On is an American teen comedy film that was written by Jessica Bendinger. Kirsten Dunst stars as a high school cheerleader. The movie was a surprising success and led to direct-to-video sequels:
- Bring It On Again (2003)
- Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006)
- Bring It On: In It to Win It (2007)
- Bring It On: Fight to the Finish (2009)
- Released on: 22 August 2000
- Starring: Kirsten Dunst, Eliza Dushku, Gabrielle Union, Jesse Bradford and many other prominent actors/actresses
- Director: Peyton Reed
2. Sugar and Spice
It is a teen cheerleading comedy which sees Diane, a popular head cheerleader becoming pregnant by the star football quarterback. Diane and her five cheerleader friends, plan a bank robbery to support her after the baby’s father and her parents cut her off financially.
- Released on: 26 January 2001
- Starring: Mena Suvari, Melissa George and Sean Young
- Director: Francine McDougall
3. Fired Up
Two high school guys and stars of their football team decided to ditch summer football camp for cheerleader camp. Awash in a sea of gorgeous women, the two are having the time of their lives until one of them falls for the head cheerleader. Therefore, to win her over the boys, he must come up with some latest moves to assist them to win the cheer competition.
- Released on: February 20, 2009
- Starring: Nicholas D’ Agosto, Danneel Ackles and Eric Christian Olsen
- Director: Will Gluck
4. Man of the House
This is a comedy-crime movie. It follows the story of a Texas ranger protecting a group of cheerleaders.
- Released on: February 25, 2005
- Starred by: Tommy Lee Jones, Christina Milian, and Kelli Garner
- Director: Stephen Herek
5. Blood, Sweat And Cheers
This cheerleading documentary succeeds in getting you in the middle of a young cheerleading squad and their fight to be national champions. It showcases the athleticism, determination, and camaraderie it takes to achieve success in competition and is a must-see for anyone who has a family member in cheerleading.
- Released on: 2009
- Starring: Sidney Hayers, Frank Lupo and Stephen J. Cannell
- Director: Laura Molta
6. Cheerleader Ninjas
This is an action film written by Kevin Campbell and produced by “Control Track Productions.” In the film, the control of a religious fanaticism group over the internet must be taken away by 4 cheerleader ninjutsu students and their geek allies. The movie was filmed at Englewood High School.
- Released on: June 14, 2002
- Starring: Kira Reed, Jeff Nicholson and Brooke Martin
- Director: Kevin Campbell
7. I Love You, Beth Cooper
Hayden Panettiere stars as a cheerleader, Beth Cooper in the film. Super Denis proclaims his love for the hottest girl in school – header cheerleader Beth Cooper – during his graduation speech.
- Released on: July 10, 2009
- Starring: Hayden Panettiere, Paul Rust and Jack Carpenter
- Director: Chris Columbus
8. Cheerleader Camp
Betsy Russell as a cheerleader and Leif Garrett as her boyfriend who accompanies her to cheerleading camp, where a mysterious killer starts terrorizing the squad.
- Released on: June 1, 1988
- Starring: Betsy Russel, Leif Garrett, Lucinda Dickey and many more
- Director: John Quinn
9. But I’m a Cheerleader
Natasha Lyonne played a lesbian cheerleader whose homophobic parents send her to a conversion therapy camp in this 1999 satire.
- Released on: August 11, 2000
- Starring: Brooke Langton, Keanu Reeves, Gene Hackman and various known actors
- Director: Howard Deutch
Cheerleading Movie Concepts
- Opponent groups
- Pilfered practices
Cheerleading sport competitions can be an abundance of regalement, but they additionally require strenuous exertion and dedication. Competitive cheerleading is quite different, so before joining a competitive squad, learn about the variants of competitions.
Competitive cheerleading is actually when cheer squads compete against each other. Usually, at a cheerleading competition, teams perform a two or a half minute routine with music that includes cheer stunts, jumps and tumbling. Furthermore, the teams are judged according to their performance by the cheerleading experts.
Grab the Essentials when Watching the Most Popular Cheerleading Film
If you don’t want to skip any of the important parts of the movie, then make some pre-preparations. Keep these things with yourself to have wonderful and incredible experience:
- Peppermint as it will boost your concentration
- Pistachios, walnuts or flax seeds
- Popcorn with its basket for easy handling
- Some drinks
- Blanket for a cosy and comfortable experience
Cheerleaders convert the field into a more pleasant and enjoyable place in which both the athletes and the audience can have a wonderful experience. So watch the top best cheerleading movies from our list that will keep you entertained all night long!